Riches Report

The Way We See It

Google

Monday, May 01, 2006

Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits

The first of the month - our family ritual - to say Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits. I'm not totally sure where this originated but my Mom always said it to me and I do it with my kids and they now do it back and with friends. It has become a bit of a friendly ritual as well as competition to see who can be the first of the month. Supposedly, it gives you good luck.

I like these little rituals - they can keep a family connected even when they are far away. My mother passed away last year and until the day she died, I used to call her and shout Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits down the phone at her. She always laughed and said that she had already done it and that I was late. I never minded, for me it was a chance to chat and catch up if I hadn't spoken to her in a while. We usually chatted on Sundays but near the end while she was quite ill, those chats dropped off considerably. Fortunately, I was there to see her for most of this time.

So Mom, if you are watching me now - Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits - and I hope you got Dad too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home